Friday, May 12, 2006
Things that make me happy
During the course of a day, I have to admit that I focus a little bit too much on things that make me unhappy. Yesterday I made a concerted effort to focus on the things that made me happy instead. What a difference.
- My husband who can laugh, even when I've just given him the dreaded sinus disease that's been plaguing our household, and who stayed home yesterday with my sick son and still got work done.
- Coffee still in the pot when I get in to work (as opposed to finding it empty)
- Kicks from my baby (not necessarily related to #1, but maybe)
- Winning Contests!!
- My son telling me he loves me
- Brand new Tupperware (I have a new bin! For my potatoes! And a cookie tin!)
- Brand New Books!
- Southern Butter Pecan creamer for my coffee
- 27 days of work left before maternity leave!
- 50 weeks of maternity leave (YAY Canada!)
- The fact that getting a divorce improved my relationship with my ex-MIL
- Finding a name for my new company and having the domain still be available
- My Grammar course at the local university (learning to love misplaced modifiers!)
- New sunglasses
- Tanning! Because it's almost Summer! (more specifically, Pryzma tanning beds that are safer and allow you to tan better in a shorter time. And before everyone goes all "but, but" on me. I'm a red head. If I don't develop a base tan, I burn. Burns cause cancer, not tans)
- Having written. Every once in a while I like writing, but I love having written.
- Debating. (followed by Debating and winning! and followed by Debating and learning!)
- Good Blogs From Writers I Admire ...
- Having. All. The. Laundry. In. The. House. Done. Did you hear me? DONE.
- Editorial meetings that land me more $$.